Saturday, January 20, 2007

Wednesday, 1/17/07

Our power finally came back on, late last night. We were without electricity for approximately 24 hours.

I've been put on antibiotics, because it seems that I might be developing pneumonia.

When I went for my radiation treatment today, there was a very thick envelope waiting for me there, but the techs said they didn't know who it was from. After my treatment, I opened the envelope to discover a book of prayers inside. It was from Beth, in the lab. Thank you Beth!

Since the radiation treatment was the only appointment I had at the hospital today, afterwards we made a quick stop at a store so I could buy a hat to cover my cold, balding head!

When we got home, we discovered that friends, Galen and Sam, had brought us some firewood in case we lose our electricity again. What a blessing!

Also, in an email, I received notice of a 6 month gift subscription to NetFlix. I own an online scrapbooking store, so I'm a member of ScrapBiz. Never would I have expected ScrapBiz owner, Kim, to send me a get well gift though, especially such a generous one. Thanks Kim and ScrapBiz Mavens!

Now for some really sad news. When we got home our Beagle, Missy, was violently ill. She had been having diarrhea and had been vomiting, and she was in obvious discomfort. Bruce took her to the vet, who wasn't sure he could help her. He gave Bruce several medicines for her to try, and Bruce brought her back home. This evening, Missy is still having diarrhea and vomiting, and now there's quite a bit of blood in it. :(

No comments: