Saturday, January 20, 2007

Monday, 1/15/07

The ice storm was even worse today, so my radiation treatment was cancelled. With the terrible road conditions, they said it wasn't worth risking my life to get there.

Our drive-way was covered with an snow/ice mixture, so neighbor, Eric, plowed our drive-way for us! Thanks Eric!

Our other neighbor drove in the ice storm to bring our repaired car home to us. Thank you so much for taking charge of the car situation for us Galen!

Someone "mysterious" (we're pretty sure we know who you are) paid for approximately 1/3 of the cost of the car repairs. WOW! Thank you!!!

All of this reminds me of the quote, "Friends are God's way of taking care of us."


Thank you God, for sending us such good friends to take care of us!

My hair fell out today. Not ALL of it, although I sure expected to be bald when I got out of the bath tub. It was pretty gross to see all that hair floating on the water! Yuck!

Now for some really good news...I held down solid food for the first time today! Of all things, it was Bruce's Lasagna! I was also able to hold down a piece of the delicious Carrot Cake that my friend, Michelle, made for me. Yeah!!!

No comments: