Saturday, January 20, 2007

Tuesday, 1/16/07

Due to the ice storm, we lost our power last night. Thankfully, we have a woodstove and we had enough firewood to keep us warm. There are 27,000 people in our county without power.

I went for my radiation treatment today and afterwards, I had an appointment with the radiation oncologist. He's so pleased with the fact that I don't have any brain swelling, that he's going to start tapering me off of the Decadron. I only have to take 3 pills a day now, instead of 4.

Next, I had an appointment with the hairdresser at the Cancer Center. My wig should be in, a week from today.

I then saw the nutritionist. She was pleased to learn that I'm finally able to eat. So am I! :)

After we left the hospital, Bruce had an appointment with the dentist. The dentist was able to temporarily "sort of" fix the broken partial denture, but Bruce is going to have to have an entirely new partial denture made.


All of the staff at the dentist told me how they were praying for me, and a newer nurse that I hadn't met before, told me she was going to ask her church to start praying for me.

When we got home. we were still without electricity. Also, our little dog was vomiting! :(

No comments: