Monday, January 15, 2007

Wednesday, 1/03/07

On this date, in my journal I wrote...

Woo Hoo! Finally! I'm going to have my radiation mask made today, and I might get to have my first radiation treatment. I'm anxious, nervous and impatient! The thought of radiation to my brain is scary, but I'm looking forward to stopping the cancer in it's tracks ASAP.

Later in the day, I wrote...

Having my radiation mask made was NOT the thrill that I expected it to be! The process took almost an hour and I had a panic attack during it. I had to lay on a table and then they fit this metal mask over my face and my head was clamped down by the mask. I probably would have been scared normally, just because the mask was so tight and having your head clamped down is pretty scary. What made it worse for me though, is that I'm unable to talk because of the paralyzed vocal chord. I didn't know if anyone was even around, and if something awful happened, I couldn't call for help. So far, it's the worse ordeal I've gone through...even worse than the Bronchostomy.

Later in the day, I had my first radiation treatment. That only took about 10 minutes, but it still wasn't pleasant. :(

I received flowers from two of my friends in the forums at Memory Book Inspirations, I received some more cards and gifts, and I had quite a few visitors.

When I got back to my room after my radiation treatment, there was a HUGE bouquet of flowers from my sister waiting for me. Everyone who has walked into the room has commented on it, and one nurse told me she thinks it's the largest bouquet she's even seen. I think my sister and her husband must have mortgaged their house, to pay for it! Thank you Sandi and Gene!

I also slept a lot during the day today. I think the radiation ordeal took a lot out of me!

No comments: