Sunday, January 14, 2007

Sunday, 12/31/06

This is some journaling that I wrote on this day, while in the hospital...

It will probably be a boring day in the hospital today. Not only is it a Sunday, but it's New Year's Eve and there's only a ghost staff on duty.

I doubt I'll get any visitors either, because of it being New Year's Eve day and because bad weather is in the forecast for later. It's too bad because I'm feeling pretty good today and would love to enjoy some company!

I was started on Decadron last night (I'll have to take it 4 times a day...it's for the swelling in my brain) and it feels like it's helping to clear my head. My abdominal pain is also gone!

Since it's New Year's Eve, should I make some New Year's Resolutions? Or, considering the situation, should I call them Life Goals instead? If I were to die in 6 months, what would I want to have accomplished with my remaining time? I guess it's time to start prioritizing!

Later in the day I wrote...

I had visitors today! An ABUNDANCE of visitors throughout the day!

Of course, my husband, Bruce, has been by my bedside almost continuously, and three of my daughters, their closest friends, my grandchildren, and a son-in-law have been regulars in my hospital room.

Today I also had friends visit though! Good friends, neighbors, Bible study companions, pastors, and members from various churches we've attended. Apparently, Bruce got the word out that I wanted company and everyone responded, despite it being New Year's Eve!

At one point, a circle of Christian friends surrounded my bed, holding hands, and jointly praying for me. I was surrounded by a circle of love, the love of Jesus. What a blessing to have Christian friends who are strong in their faith!

Later in the evening, my oldest daughter from out-of-state arrived with a granddaughter that I hadn't seen since spring, and with my 3 month old grandson that I hadn't met yet. He's adorable!

Due to it being New Year's Eve and the roads being icy, Bruce decided to spend the night at the hospital with me. The poor guy slept on a very uncomfortable chair, but at least he was safe.

Happy New Year!

No comments: