Sunday, January 21, 2007

Friday, 1/19/07

The muscles in my legs have wasted so much during the past few weeks, that I can't really walk on my own. When I'm at the hospital, I have to be pushed in a wheel chair. At home, I can barely get from the living room to our bedroom, without assistance from Bruce.

Since the only appointment I had at the hospital today was for my radiation treatment, we were in and out of there pretty quickly. Therefore, we decided to go to Wal-Mart afterwards. Part of why I wanted to go was so we could get some birdseed for our bird feeder (we haven't been feeding the birds so far this winter, but now that everything is covered with ice, they are looking for food), but I also thought doing a bit of walking with the assistance of a shopping cart, might help to start strengthening my leg muscles. I think it did help because, by the time we got home, the muscles in my legs were throbbing!

In the forums at Memory Book Inspirations, we're having a Cyber Crop this week-end. As a result, I spent some time scrapbooking this afternoon. I'm making a Hospital Scrapbook with pictures of my visitors, flowers, gifts and more. I'm sure it'll take me awhile to do, but once it's finished, I'll put pictures of it online and will give a link to it.

This evening, I mostly just rested my aching legs.

2 comments:

Anita said...

Dear Trudi,
I am totally devastated to hear about your lung cancer. You have been so strong for Bruce all these years it seems unfair for both of you to have to go through this now. I think of the quote, "God works in mysterious ways." I know He has a plan for each of us and you are certainly one of His special people. Continue to be strong.

I have sent emails to Arline, Daina, Terri, Colleen, Caryn, and Cathi. All of us will keep you and our cousin, Bruce, in our prayers.

Anita

Anita said...

Dear Trudi and Bruce,
I just noticed the date as I finished my comment. January 22nd was my father's birthday. He, too, suffered from inoperable and incurable lung cancer that spread to his brain. Without the modern medicines that are available today, he was able to enjoy 4 more years with his family after he was diagnosed. I pray that you will have at least that.
Anita