Monday, January 15, 2007

Tuesday, 1/02/07

I collect Eeyores, so two pairs of the pajamas I was given as gifts for the hospital, have Eeyore on them. On one pair of the jammies it says, "Another Day. Another Bother". This seemed like a fitting expression for what I was going through, so when we learned that I had mets to the brain, we said, "Another Day. Another Bother".

TODAY was different though! I had the bone scan done on this date and the cancer is NOT in my bones! Yeah! Another day, but not another bother! :)

I also saw the hairdresser at the Cancer Center on this date and ordered a wig. I've been told that the radiation will definitely make me lose my hair, and probably the chemo will as well. That's OK!

When I got my first paying job as a teenager, I splurged and bought myself a wig. It was styled like my own hair was at the time, so when I didn't want to fuss with my hair, I just wore the wig. Many times since then, I've thought it would be nice to have a wig for bad hair days, or spur-of-the-moment plans after a day of working in the garden. Now, I'm going to have one!

The color of the wig I have on order is a perfect match for my own and I actually look forward to not having to bother with my own hair for awhile! Unfortunately, it probably won't be here before I lose all my hair though, so if you see me around town wearing a hat, you'll know why! :)

I also had lots more visitors on this date. Thank you to everyone who visited me while I was in the hospital! You can't even begin to imagine how much you lifted my spirits!

No comments: