Monday, January 22, 2007

Monday, 1/22/07

The Decadron is preventing me from sleeping much. I think most nights during the past week, I've only gotten a few of hours of sleep each night. I'm exhausted, but sleep won't come. So, I'm trying to rest in the Lord instead.

I had a radiation treatment this morning. Again, I prayed through the treatment and thanked God for healing me. What an awesome God we have!

After my radiation treatment, I had an appointment with the radiation oncologist. After he looked at my swollen feet and ankles, he said I have edema. He thinks it's being caused by the Decadron, which he's continuing to taper me off of. As of today, I only have to take Decadron twice a day.


The radiation onc. said my last radiation treatment will be tomorrow! Yeah!!!

After my last radiation treatment tomorrow, I have an appointment to get my wig. In the late afternoon, I have to have pre-op testing done. On Wednesday, I'm having the surgery to get a port put in. On Thursday, I have to have lab work done, then an appointment with my regular oncologist, followed by my chemotherapy treatment. After that though, I should only need to go to the hospital once a week for my chemotherapy treatments. In other words, starting next week, it won't seem like we're living at the hospital! Therefore, I'm removing the Wish List.

This evening, Pastor Dan Jones, and our friend, Dave, both brought us food. The amount of food our friends, neighbors and community is still bringing us, is amazing! Now that I have an appetite, and thanks to all the good food, I should gain back my lost weight soon, plus some!

Debby, your apple crisp was delicious and if you don't mind sharing it, I'd love to have your recipe!

Finally, this blog is now up-to-date. :)

1 comment:

someone else said...

I'm so glad you have caring people around you to think of the need to bring food. Folks like that are so precious.

Praying for you today.