Monday, January 15, 2007

Thursday, 1/04/07

On this date, I had my second radiation treatment. This time, it only took about 5 minutes, but it sure did seem like a LONG 5 minutes! To give you an idea of how tight the radiation mask is, my husband could still see the grid marks from the mask engraved in my face, for about 3 hours after the treatment!

I also had my first chemo treatment on this date. Not only was it uneventful, but I actually enjoyed receiving it. As I watched the chemo dripping into my arm, I visualized how it was attacking and killing all the cancer cells.

My daughter, Kelli, has bought me a laptop so I can try to access the Internet from my hospital room. Unfortunately, no one at the hospital seems to know how to get it connected though. :(

My son-in-law, who is currently at sea serving in the United States Navy, called my hospital room at 3 am his time! Scott, I know you can't read this right now, but when you get home, I hope you'll realize how much that phone call meant to me!...And BTW, your precious baby son who you haven't had the opportunity to meet yet, is adorable! :)

4 comments:

Sissy said...

I hope you are feeling good, today. I am praying the chemo is killing the cancer!!

Judy said...

Hi Trudi,

It is so great to see your post here. Thanks to Jill for providing the link from the NHL board. I had checked a few times, but before you updated it.

I am so glad you feel well enough to post. You know this cancer drill. I know you will beat this thing. I hope the chemo is making you feel better and you are starting to talk up a storm.

We are all sending you tons of prayers for an easy time in treatment and for this beast to be a gonner soon.

I know it is tough. Hang in there. We are all rooting for you. We are all here for your.

Judy

Henryhorn said...

Hi Trudi, although you will soon get a letter from me I wanted to say hi on here and send you some hugs..(and a bit of that Narramore Magic..) Sue xxxxxxx

Sissy said...

Just checking in on you. Hoping you are feeling good.
Many prayers being sent your way...!