Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Tuesday, 1/23/07

Although I woke up about 3 am yesterday, thanks to Decadron, I wasn't able to sleep all day. I finally fell asleep about 11:30 pm last night, only to wake up at 1 am. I lay in bed, wide-awake, for the next 3 hours and finally got up at 4 am. I am so thankful that, between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I decided to give up caffeine. I can't imagine how much worse this sleeplessness would be, if I were still a coffee drinker!

I got my wig from the hairdresser at the Cancer Center today and I had my last radiation treatment.

After the treatment, the girls gave me a hug and a paper for my scrapbook. It has my name and today's date on it and it says:

The Purple Heart Award
For Courage and Strength Under Difficult Circumstances
We Honor You!

After my radiation treatment, it wasn't really worth making the 1.5 hour round-trip to come home and then go back to the hospital for my pre-op, so in between appointments we went to Pizza Hut for lunch. After eating, we picked up Missy's ashes from the veterinarian's. :(

I have to be at the hospital at 12:30 pm EST tomorrow and my surgery will probably be at about 1:30 pm. If any of you happen to think about me during the early afternoon, I'd appreciate a prayer and/or good thought.

No comments: