Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Sunday, 1/07/07

I still can't hold down liquids, not even popsicles will stay down! The ONLY liquids I'm able to hold down at all are crushed ice chips. Out of concern, Bruce called the oncologist. They wanted me to go to the Emergency Room. I didn't go.

Our daughter and son-in-law lent us one of their cars, so I'll be able to get to my radiation appointments during the coming week. Thanks Chrissy and Lou!

Our 17 year old has a car, but the brakes were broken on it. Our friends, Len and Dave, came and spent the day fixing them! Wow! What great friends we have! It wasn't until after the brakes were fixed though, that we discovered the car heater doesn't work. Hmmm. Not too good, considering we live in the North Country & it's winter time! Ah well, at least in an emergency, we have that car as a back-up now!

Friends and neighbors have been delivering food to the house, ever since I was hospitalized. Although I didn't see it while I was in the hospital, Bruce kept telling me about the vast amounts of food that kept arriving and feeding everyone that was staying here. And, since I've been home from the hospital, more food has been arriving! Today, our friend, Ted, brought a bunch more food for us. He also brought us an envelope of money, collected from the small church at the end of our road. Thank you CCC!

No comments: