Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Wednesday, 2/14/07

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! :)

On Sunday, my friend Cheri gave Bruce a package to give to me. It contained the most beautiful prayer shawl that Cheri had knitted for me. On the enclosed card, it said that as she knit the shawl she prayed for me, asking for healing and comfort for me. She also explained that she chose the color green for the shawl because the traditional meaning of green is for healing, harmony, safety, hope, protection and peace, all things she prayed I'll have...Thank you Cheri!

Bruce had a dentist appointment Tuesday morning and then I had my appointment at the hospital. While I was waiting to have my lab work done, Beth from the lab came into the waiting room and said she had something for me. She gave me a beautiful hand woven book mark, made by Christian women in Afghanistan. Every time we go to the Cancer Center, Bruce and I count our blessings for having such a special place to be treated.

While waiting for the lab results on my potassium and magnesium, I saw my onc's PA. She explained that my potassium and magnesium had been so low that there was no way they'd be up to normal levels yet, even with the prescriptions I had been taking...When she returned with the lab results, she was in shock! She said, "You must have a guardian angel, because it's the only explanation for how this could happen! Your magnesium and potassium are normal!” She said never in a million years would she have expected it. She was also surprised because my other blood counts - white blood count, red blood count and platelets - were also normal. In fact, with surprise in her voice, she said they were PERFECT!...Since I was set up to have an IV anyway, she gave me some potassium and magnesium as a boost.

After I got home, I couldn't help but remember what the PA said about me having a guardian angel. There was a package in the mail for me from an online friend and it was an angel!...Thank you Michele!

Today, Bruce called the hospital to ask about making payment arrangements on a $500 co-pay we owed them. However, the hospital informed him that the bill had been paid for in full! When Bruce asked who had paid it, they wouldn't tell him. They just said it had been taken care of and we didn't owe anything on it...Afterwards, suspecting we knew who might be involved; Bruce called our neighbors, Eric and Earlyne. Although they wouldn't admit to having anything to do with it, when Bruce told them we wanted to know who to thank, they told him to thank God. They also told him that the Lord didn't want us to worry about anything....Thanks Eric and Earlyne!

Bruce and I have been doing a lot of crying lately. We haven't been crying sad tears though, but rather tears of gratitude. We are so blessed and so humbled; we don't know what to do except what Eric and Earlyne suggest...Thank You God!

3 comments:

someone else said...

Oh my, this is so like God in action. What wonderful news and how fantastic to see some prayers answered.

You're still in my prayers.

Judy said...

Oh Trudi,

How beautiful. You are blessed. I am praying that green just envelopes you and all your dreams come true.

(((HUGS))),
Judy

Claire said...

Hi Trudi, what lovely news. I finally found you. I dont really understand these blogs, never heard of them before! Hope you are having a nice day. You and Bruce are in my thoughts often.
Big hugs from England.
Claire.