Thursday, February 8, 2007

Thursday, 2/08/06

I had early appointments at the hospital today, to have lab work done and to get chemo. My red blood counts are low, so I had to get a shoot to boost them. My white blood counts are great though...Receiving the chemo was uneventful, although I was bummed that I had to have high dose Decadron with it, since today is my day off from the Decadron pill. I really enjoyed getting some sleep Tuesday night! LOL

Some good news is that I've gained back 2 of the pounds that I lost last week! Normally, I'd be thrilled about losing weight but, considering the situation, one of my goals has been to maintain the weight I was when I was released from the hospital. There will be plenty of time to lose a few more pounds if I want to, after I go into remission.

The P.A. had my Magnesium and Potassium tested today. She called this afternoon to say they were both low, so she called in prescriptions for me.

Also after we got home from the hospital, my health insurance company called to say they've approved the testing for the marker! Wow! I'm impressed that they called to tell me!...Apparently, my onc didn't even know yet. They said they were going to call him after they got off the phone with Bruce. Now, my onc will be able to send a piece of my tumor away to a special lab, to have the testing done. Please be praying my cancer has the marker!

1 comment:

Sissy said...

I am praying for the marker, Trudi...