Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Tuesday, 2/20/07

Last Tuesday, I got permission to try stopping Decadron entirely. It didn't work out; I crashed and was pretty much out of it for a few days. As a result, I'm on a 1/2 pill every other day now.

For some reason, I've also been having a lot of pain during the past week. It's difficult to distinguish whether the pain is in my right lung or if it's a muscular pain (or a combination of the two). The onc called in a prescription for me today, for stronger pain medication. I'll be seeing him on Thursday.

Now, for some GOOD news...I'm sleeping! Although the pain has been waking me up in the middle of the night when the pain medication wears off, as soon as I take another pain pill I fall asleep again. I'm getting a good 8 hours of sleep per 24 hour period now! YAY!

MORE good news! I was finally strong enough to go visit my mother yesterday! :)


I've still been getting cards, letters, photos, scrapbooking goodies, and other fun stuff in the mail. Thank you Di, Tammy, Sue, Neptune, Vivian, Bert and Sandi!...Thank you also, to Sam, Eric and Brittany, for keeping our drive-way and walk clear of snow, and thank you to Michelle for another yummy cake. Last, but not least, thank you to everyone who is continuing to pray for me!

2 comments:

Jessica Nichols said...

Trudi, can you talk yet? I am so happy to hear you are sleeping again. I think of you all the time. I can't wait for spring to come and cheer you up. Then all your wonderful neighbors can tend your garden instead of shoveling snow and you can sit beside them and visit. Thank you to all of Trudi's wonderful local friends, neighbors and family members for doing all the things those of us far away cannot do!

Bruce said...

Hi Jess!

No, I can't talk yet. However, sometimes I can whisper loudly! :)

I love the thought of all my friends and neighbors visiting with me in my gardens this spring...Better yet, I'd love it if my online friends could join us in the gardens! :)