Thursday, February 22, 2007

Thursday, 2/22/07

I had blood work done this morning, followed by an appointment with my onc. My red blood count was low, so later on when I had chemo, I had to get a shot to boost my red blood count. My white blood count was VERY high though, as were my platelets. Strange!

There wasn't enough tumor tissue, for the special lab to be able to tell if my tumor has the marker or not. I may possibly have another biopsy done.

When my onc did the physical exam, we were both surprised when he touched a spot near the location of the pain in my chest. I jumped off the table so high; I thought I was going to hit the ceiling! He thinks my pain may possibly be caused by bleeding into a tumor. He said it happens and can be quite painful when it does. I'm going to be having chest and abdominal CT scans done tomorrow, to try to determine the cause of the pain.

I'll also be having an MRI of the brain done tomorrow. That was already scheduled by the radiation onc. to see what response I've had to the brain radiation. Prayers for good results would be appreciated!

After my appointment with the onc today, I had chemotherapy. This time I got the heavy duty chemo (the one that affects my brain), along with the Taxol. I was also given some other stuff intravenously, including Iron because my Iron counts are low. It looked like they were giving me a bag of rust! LOL

This time, my chemo treatment was NOT routine! Apparently, I suddenly collapsed onto my face and when they were finally able to get me to sit up, my eyes were glazed and my face was expressionless. We're not really sure what happened. The choices seem to be that I had an allergic reaction, I had a seizure, or I fell asleep in a really fast and weird way. Whatever the cause, it lengthened my chemo session, as the drugs were stopped and then resumed s-l-o-w-l-y in case it was an allergic reaction...From my perspective, one minute I was watching TV and talking to Bruce and the nurse, and the next minute I was 'coming to', while surrounded by a room full of concerned nurses and the P.A. I was unaware of anything happening in between.


During the past couple of days I've gotten to visit with my friends Galen and Debby, and with Linda and Dave, and I can't begin to express how happy that has made me! :)

2 comments:

Dan Jones said...

Definitely praying for a good report today. I'm inspired by your faith. "Faith works when it's object is Christ." Galen showed me your vision this AM. I'm with you and say "amen" to this. Not "if," but "when."

Dan Jones

Bruce said...

Dan, thank you for the confirmation about my vision!

I guess it's time for me to make a commitment...You said, Not "if," but "when."...My answer is, "This spring!". :)